Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Construction of Enochian Tools

So, I finally finished my updated altar for enochian magic. Originally, my Holy Table was done on poster board with black ink. The Ensigns of Creation and Sigillum Dei Ameth were on white card stock paper. While I am by no means a grimoiric purist, I thought it was high time I make things that looked a little nicer. Here was the early stage:


As you can see, the Holy table was done on white wood and painted with acrylics. We used gold card stock paper from Michaels and permanent marker to make the Ring of Solomon and the Holy Lamen. The white wooden disk was the surface on which the Sigillum Dei Ameth (SDA) was placed.


As you can see, we slowly added in more details and lines. Also - you'll see the beginnings of the SDA. I did it on regular old paper, first in pencily, and covered with ink. I then glued it onto the wooden disk that I had painted white. On the bottom of the disk, I hand painted the AGLA sigil using black acrylic. It should be pretty obvious - beer was also an important part of the creative process!


Finally - the ensigns of creation were done on silver card stock paper in black ink. We chose silver card stock because traditionally they are supposed to be engraved in Tin, and that was a close color for the paper. The final step was spraying the SDA and Holy Table with a matte finish. All that was left was to take it into my study upstairs, where it now sits as a part of my altar.


Please ignore the guitar crap in the background. And of course, here is a front view.


The table was placed over my altar table, and white tablecloth was used. I should note, I have the GD-style enochian tablets at each quarter. Additionally - I have the Tablet of Union done on parchment sitting beneath the Holy Table in the center of the altar. As you can guess, I do a hybrid of Golden Dawn and Heptarchic work. You might notice that the elemental weapons are not the traditional GD tools. I decided to go a bit more simplistic, using a small athame for air, a brass chalice for water, a rock that I found, washed and consecrated for earth, and a red candle for fire. Honestly - I haven't noticed a difference and aesthetically, I think they are a bit more sleek. A fellow occultist said on a forum that a lot of the Golden Dawn tools and regalia look like they come straight out of Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. I'm not gong to lie, I agree 100%, even if I do enjoy much of the GD system.

I did an experiment with the new setup, and while I promised EHNB I wouldn't share the experience, lets just say that it was lots of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Incredible work! Thanks for posting this, very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I apologize for my bad english I'm Italian , I wanted to know if by any chance you could also build to me this Enochian material. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice, and I think Lon would approve. I am more "dramatic" in that I used the original formula, beeswax carved discs, 14k gold ring, printed silk, hand carved exact chalice, even the table is made from original specs. Just me going nutz

    ReplyDelete